ABOUT THE POSITION
The Crawford Fund’s Chief Executive, Colin Chartres, has announced his intention to retire in March 2024 and we are now recruiting for a permanent part-time Chief Executive Officer. The position is based at the Fund’s Central Office in Canberra. The Chief Executive manages a small, dedicated team of staff and a network of State and Territory committees, each with a Coordinator and eminent volunteers who manage our State/Territory based training activities. The CEO is responsible to the Board of Directors for the daily running of the organisation; overseeing its broad range of public awareness, fundraising, policy, and training activities; liaising with stakeholders; and enhancing the understanding of and support for international agricultural research.
Further information on the position, the remuneration package and other details can be requested in confidence from the Chair of the Nominating Committee and Board Member, Dr Wendy Craik. Dr Craik can be contacted on 0419 257 469, or via email through Sarah Paradice [email protected] using the subject line: Crawford Fund Chief Executive Officer – website enquiry. A package of materials can be provided on request.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a proven leadership track record of research and management in a national/preferably international agricultural research organisation with a flair for advocacy, communication, and fundraising. The selection criteria are:
- A proven commitment to and understanding of international agricultural research for food and nutrition security and economic development
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy and fundraising
- Evidence of successful strategic leadership and coordination of a preferably inter-national institution’s programs and activities
- Proven ability to maintain and build relationships with government, corporate and philanthropic sectors
- Excellent networks in the agriculture, research and related sectors both within Australia and overseas
- Successful management and oversight of organisational budgets and finances
- Solid experience as a respected leader of direct and indirect staff in an (inter)-national centre
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with national leaders in both Australia and partner countries.
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to capacity building of both Australian and developing country scientists.
- A scientific background and training (at degree or higher degree level) in one of the following areas: agriculture, veterinary science, natural resources management, forestry, fisheries, economics and food/nutrition.
Contact Details for Applications
Please forward your full CV with a letter addressing the selection criteria and two referees to:
Director of Operations and Finance
Crawford Fund Limited
E: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is COB Friday 20th October 2023.