Website and Publications Focus
Part-Time –Canberra based
The Crawford Fund is a national NGO and registered charity that raises awareness of global food security issues; supports training of agricultural researchers from developing countries, and encourages young Australians in their studies, careers and volunteering in agriculture for international development. Applications are invited for the position of Communications and Admin Assistant to the Director of Public Affairs and Communication. The position is part-time at 3 days per week, with a possibility it may grow.
This is an exciting and challenging position that will provide the right person with a wealth of experience to help us encourage Australia to ‘do well by doing good.’
The role will be suited to someone who is enthusiastic about working for an organisation that is making a difference and in a position that will provide them with variety and a chance to exercise initiative. The successful applicant will be able to take part in an interesting and varied communication strategy and actively contribute to projects.
You will assist Cathy Reade, our Director of Public Affairs and Communication, with our public awareness events and initiatives, help write for and manage our website and help design and develop printed and electronic communications. Being located in our Secretariat, your back-up with administrative tasks for central office will be needed from time to time.
Essential Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will need:
- Intermediate HTML and web publishing skills and extensive experience using WordPress and various WordPress plug-ins for the management of our WordPress based website;
- Extensive experience in the design and production of printed and electronic communications and publications using SurveyMonkey, MailChimp and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Strong general computing skills and experience with Microsoft Office;
- Relevant qualifications and 5 years’ experience in communications and public relations;
- Strong administration skills and experience.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director, Public Affairs and Communications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Familiarity with social media to help build our Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and possible future Flickr site;
- Ability to work with little supervision and to progress a range of tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to independently research and develop articles for publications and the web;
- Experience in event management and other communication activities.
The successful applicant will work from the Fund’s Canberra-based Secretariat in Fyshwick.
Applying and Queries
Closing date for applications is cob Wednesday, 14 July 2017. Please apply with a 2 page resumé and a covering letter outlining experience and addressing the selection criteria to Cathy Reade, Director, Public Affairs and Communication, Crawford Fund email@example.com. You can contact Cathy with queries.
We are hoping for the new appointment to commence as soon as possible.
Remuneration is in the range of $60,000 per annum at a full time equivalent, pro rata, depending on experience and skills.